RF-A Automatic Mica Undercutter
High-Production Automatic Undercutter Ideal for Aerospace, Automotive and Small DC Armatures
Fast-Loading, Consistent, High-Quality Results
Automatic Undercutting with Time-Saving Deburring
This freestanding machine has all of the features found in our top-of-the-line Automatic Undercutters: programmable recipes, automatic optical sensor indexing, quick loading armature support, easy skew adjustment and our exclusive floating spindle. Integrated with the Undercutter is CAM’s patented Brush Deburring system, which eliminates hours of finishing hand work.
The RF-A Works Automatically
As the RF-A accurately and consistently does its job, your operator is free to do other work.
JH Universal Commutator Repair Machine FEATURES
CAM’s Patented Brush Deburring System
Just minutes of Brush Deburring eliminates hours of handwork and bar chamfering. Once set-up by the operator, brush deburring uses a vertically rotating brush to create a small radius on the corners of each copper bar. It provides process control and improves the consistency and appearance of your finishing work.
Quick Loading of the Armature
• The tailstock quill is moved by an air cylinder.
• The headstock drive holds the shaft in a pneumatic collet. The operator presses a button to close the collet and quill for easy loading.
• Optional shaft support and armature cradle for fast, single-button loading and unloiading of each armature.
Touch Control System
The touch screen Graphic User Interface stores critical set-up specifications and machine settings for up to 100 different types of armatures. It eliminates guessing and costly machine set-up trial and error methods.
Accurate, High Quality Results
• Servo Control traverse drive motor provides accurate head positioning and smoother traverse. Each saw cut is identical in length, depth and position on the bar.
• Automatic Indexing with Optical Sensor – Automatic mica slot detection allows the operator to set-up, turn it on and walk away to complete other shop tasks.
• The Servo Motor acceleration and deceleration are optimized to produce the fastest cycle time.
• Spring-loaded, floating saw spindle removes all side mica by following the skew in the mica slot
• Cutting head moves smoothly on linear bearings
• Saw retracts from the mica slot to save time and extend saw life
• Climb cut rotation with carbide saws make cleaner cuts with less burr
Contact Us For a cycle time calculation
Automated Solutions pay for themselves by replacing hours of work with only minutes of work, ask for a cycle time estimate. Fill out the form below and a CAM Representative will be in touch to discuss your needs.